Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Modeling a Fender Jaguar in Blender

This past weekend I started modeling my Fender Jaguar in Blender.  Really practicing some modeling technique for various assets for games, etc.

  • I'm really liking the neck and body
  • Everything is box modeled except for the tuners, string posts and knobs which are based on cylinders
  • Doing the frets with array copy was awesome, hadn't used that feature before and yeah I will be all the time now, especially for machines and the likes
  • Once I get this completed I'll share the entire .blend project with anyone interested

After about 3 hours, this is where we are at...


Just threw in some diffuse on the base materials to distinguish some objects for this rendered still, but the next steps will be to finish the strings and bridge work then I will start in on the materials and texturing.  I'm hoping to finish this next weekend.

Here's a 360 degree video as well.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment